Sunday 15 August 2010

Blog 65

A visit to the 1940's weekend at Crich Tramway Village, Derbyshire on Saturday 14th August was certainly an eye opener for me. I have seen photographs from my son and Derby City Photographic Club members. I was very pleasantly surprised at the wealth of opportunities to take photographs of people to be in character as near as they can be.

One of the gentlemen explained to me the lengths that he had gone to to ensure that what he was wearing was as near as he could get to what the servicemen wore when they were serving King and Country.

Remarkably out of the several hundreds of "characters" at the event, there was only one person who refused my request to take their photograph.

Although some of the people were local, I spoke to one gentleman, who was dressed in naval seamen's uniform, who said that he, his wife and friends had travelled to Derbyshire from north Kent to be at the event.

The policeman arrested me and asked me to produce a receipt for my camera, as he had had a report that it had been stolen from one of the visitors.

The photographs below are a small selection from over 400 photographs that I took on the day.

Crich Tramway Village website here

No comments:

Post a Comment