Wednesday 17 February 2010

Blog 19

So, I am out on my walk merrily powering along at my top speed of 4 miles per hour with my brain re-charger plugged in, listening to The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. When on Weston Road in Aston on Trent I espy an elderly lady a little way in the distance.

Incidentally this is the same lady who stopped me on Monday and said to me that there were no school children about that day, I explained that they were probably still in bed as it was the start of the half term holiday. I digress!!

She had one of those old style shopping bags over her left arm and she was reaching into the bag. She brought out the pack of tomatoes, shown in the photograph above and asked me if I would like them as she wasn't going to eat them and would probably end up throwing them away. How very kind and generous.

Then when I arrived back at the buildings the newspaper headlines was headlining about millions of us losing money on savings. My thoughts went back to the kind elderly lady and wondered if she was concerned about her savings, if she has any.

Matt's cartoon in the Daily Telegraph made me smile today too, click here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment